The kitchen is one of the most important spots in the house. This is where the food of the whole household is being prepared, family dines, dishes washed, foods and goods stored, etc. It is also a good bonding place for the whole family since most activities here are being enjoyed by the bunch. That is why having a good and beautiful kitchen is very important. More than the physical aesthetics, you also have to take into consideration the functionality of the structure. Here are a few tips:
1. The kitchen requires a lot of storage and empty spaces. You never know when you need storages for leftover foods, extra sauces, dips, and drinks. Parties will also need you to have a wide array of different sized compartments. Vary your storage so you’ll have a fitting place for everything. Provide deep cabinets, wide drawers, minute spaces, etc. Make sure that there is room for everything.
2. Plan in advance and make it good. By this, you have to foresee everything that you may want to add in your new kitchen in the future. This will give a good idea of how much space you want to allot and where to place it. If you are looking for the latest model of gas range, be sure that the gas range place will be enough to take in your possible purchase.
3. It is also good if you could inject some fashion sense onto your new kitchen. Think ahead. Think practical. Today, you may want some fusion of orange and fuchsia pink since it is the trend. But think futuristic: will it still look good after 5 years or so? The best option for you is to choose a classic theme. This means that you could have a choice of classic wooded kitchen or some other timeless designs.
4. It is very important that your kitchen as proper lighting. Most activities being done here are intricate and very detailed, All the cutting and slicing will surely require you to have a good eye on everything. Aside from providing good lights, it would also help if you choose paints that are light-colored and cool for the eyes.
5. Though it is the architect’s job to build your kitchen, you don’t have to put all the authority to them. There must be a collaborative effort between you, the builder and the designer. Hire an interior designer if you can or a kitchen expert. The team will surely help you achieve the kitchen that is perfectly fitted to you.